Sunday, November 21, 2010

About This Blog

I'm Morgan (pseudonym). I'm 25 years old, and have been struggling with bulimia since I was 15. This blog will chronicle my journey towards recovery utilizing a raw foods diet.

A little about me: I'm a compulsive emotional overeater who uses bulimia as a way to control her weight. This has taken over my life, stifled all my dreams and ambitions, and effectively paralyzed me from living a full life.

I do not condone eating disorders. This is not a pro-ED blog made by a red-string-wearing Mary-Kate-worshipping teenager. This is a blog by an adult woman who recognizes that bulimia is a serious mental illness that can lead to death. More than anything, I want to recover and regain a healthy life filled with love and positive relationships and a job I adore.

I've lost years of my life holed up in my room, eating and throwing up. My teeth are wearing away, I walk around dizzy and with heart palpitations, and my mood swings have caused unbearable tension with those I love.

One of my problems with trying to recover in the past has been that because I've eaten so unhealthily for years, I lack discernment about what constitutes a nutritious diet. I've tried a bunch of food plans over the years, and they just end up with me cycling back into bad habits.

This go around, I've decided to use Natalia Rose's plan in her book Detox 4 Women. It makes a lot of sense to me, and I like that I can just follow a month-long plan without overthinking nutrition, calories, etc.

My plan is to honestly assess how raw foods make me feel, day by day, and hopefully at the end have a story of recovery that might help other people.

OK. All the serious introduction stuff is out of the way! :)

Starting Stats (health problems)
--------------------------------
- heartburn/acid reflux
- depression
- fatigue
- mood swings -- quick to inexplicable anger/jealousy
- suicidal thoughts
- loneliness
- acne/bad skin
- puffy face
- poor eyesight
- extremely low blood pressure
- coated tongue
- no desire to do anything
- lack of sex drive
- selfishness
- mild paranoia

No comments:

Post a Comment