Thursday, November 25, 2010

Quick Thoughts

1. I think part of the reason I've felt so out of it during these initial days is that I've had a completely free schedule. I thrive on a little organization. I think it would benefit me to set lunch and dinner times for 12:00pm and 5:30pm, respectively. If I'm not hungry, I don't have to eat, but just having that little reassurance of knowing when and what meals will be really comforts me.

2. Today is Turkey Day. This morning I stood on line at a bakery at the crack of dawn for my family, who offered to buy me whatever pie and/or pastry I wanted in celebration of the holiday. For the first time in a long, long time, I wasn't even tempted. It looked and smelled lovely in there, but honestly? I've had about a zillion pies, cookies, and pastries during my bulimia.

I've never published a novel, though. Or visited London. And those are the kinds of opportunities I might've had if I hadn't wasted ten years on pies and pastries. So today I'll forgeo the (for once, sanctioned) binge eating, and instead pay homage to this holiday's original meaning - gratitude. I am grateful for my health, for my family, and for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment