Monday, November 22, 2010

Day One - Green Smoothies

Day one is nearly over, and it's been mostly good.

Some highlights:


1. This green smoothie was pretty good. Tasted even better once I let it chill. Lots of nutrients, and I didn't even feel deprived. The chopping and prep replaced the ritual of cooking and chewing.


2. Found a really, really old Best Buy gift card in my closet. Checked it online; it still has $13.91 on it! Sweeeeeeeet.

Some lowlights:
1. Green smoothies are a pain in the ass to make. The prep and cleanup time took about half an hour. I have to use a juicer and a blender, and it doubles the inconvenience.

2. My dog snagged a dropped kale stalk and spent ten minutes horking up foam while I chased her around with paper towels.

3. Spent much of today low-energy, a little foggy. Feeling kind of pudgy - not too bothered emotionally, but a little physically uncomfortable. Not really chomping at the bit to do anything beyond veg out. Pun intended.

4. Grumpy.

Food/Water
- 32 ounces filtered water upon waking. Flavored with a tiny bit of cranberry juice concentrate and stevia.
- instant espresso with stevia and organic cow's milk
Breakfast: 32 ounces green smoothie

Lunch (3 hours later): Natalia Rose's Fountain of Flavor Salad with a few minor adjustments, 1 large baked sweet potato with organic cow's butter.

Dinner: Natalia Rose's Life's a Rainbow salad with avocado. (pic below)


Dessert: Green and Black's organic 85% dark chocolate. (like a row of it or something)

Exercise
- 20 minutes yoga
- 40 minutes cardio outside

Good Habits that Replaced Bad
1. dry-body-brushing and 20 minutes sun salutes to the Glee soundtrack replaced morning TV time.

2. sketching and watching Everwood on Fancast replaced wandering around feeling bored until I get frustrated and start eating.

3. eating healthy replaced binging and purging. That's a big one.

4. A walk in the park replaced shopping for food, eating food, etc. So instead of the inside of a toilet bowl, I got to see things like this:



I actually had a really long, rambling post prepared today, but I'm good with this checklist format for now. Will probably post more emotionally related stuff when I feel like I have the energy to deal with it.

But overall, it's been a significantly better day than any I've had in the last two weeks. So I'm optimistic for the future. I feel mellow (maybe too mellow) but not irritable, and not cold! My hands and feet freeze on raw fruits, but the veggies are treating me well.

Peace and love,
~M

No comments:

Post a Comment